Thursday, January 5, 2012

Where is the post-holiday break?

Where is the free time? 

Things always seem to get very busy with the holidays.  Spending the time with the family such as having them over or going to visit them.  We also hosted a few "get togethers" at our place, such as our annual Christmastime Chili Party. 

Our friend who was to host a New  Year's Eve get together had an illness in the family, thus we ended up inviting everyone over to our place.  The benefit of that was I saw the New Year rung in and then I was able to get to bed right at 12:30 AM.  The drawback was that I got a phone call at 3AM from work and I had to go in.  I've worked straight through since.  I work 12+ hour shifts and it can burn you out.  Most of the stress has come from not being able to accomplish anything at the house.  It's been difficult to clean and it took me two days just to take down some simple Christmas lights that I had outdoors.  (I still have the lights along the gutter to remove.)  One of the poles to our clothes line rusted through and fell down, and today is the first day I've even been able to see it in daylight. 

I just have to sit back and relax and keep it in my mind that I am not going to get everything done today.  There is only so much that I can do between the house, the clothes, and the baby.  Heck, I can't even afford to buy what I need to fix and/or replace the clothes line.  (Well, I can charge it but I won't.)  And yes, I am going to take some time out today to do some relaxing and get myself mentally centered before I have to go back to it all over again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment