Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting sucked back into gaming.

OK, maybe the title of this post is not all that accurate.  I should not say that I'm getting "sucked" back in.  I must admit that I'm walking back in to online gaming with both eyes open.

A friend sent me a "Scroll of Resurrection" for World of Warcraft.  It allows you 7 free days of play plus you can transfer to a different realm plus you can level one alt to level 80.  I took advantage of it just to see what the game was still like.

The game still sucks.  My alt was one of three in Stormwind when I logged on.  I will admit that logging on May 15, the same day as the release of Diablo III, may have had something to do with the low realm population.  Or not.  I found that my old raiding guild had been deleted.  Oddly enough, my leveling guild that had "died" back in BC was still limping along with a handful of members.

While I was shopping with Adorable Preciousness, I swung by Best Buy and picked up a copy of Diablo III.  I still have not installed it.  I've been rather busy all day and I'm way behind on chores.  I never got around to upgrading my PC from XP to Windows 7.  I've had a copy of Windows 7 since December with the intention of buying some new hard drives to do a RAID set up but the money has not been there.  I've finally decided to just pop in a blank hard drive  yet I've had no time to actually do it.

Which reminds me, I need to pick up something in order to save my iTunes music.  Transferring iTunes is a pain in the tuckas.


No comments:

Post a Comment