Monday, September 15, 2014

I know my animation.

I am a fan of foreign films.  Especially quirky foreign films.  I'm also a fan of foreign music.  And by foreign, I mean by not produced in the USA.  I'm sure someone out there would complain if I did not point that out.

Now, I don't claim to be an expert in any way, shape or form.  I just enjoy what I enjoy and I keep it to myself.  Mostly because I don't know many people who really "get" my interest, or they know so much that I can't keep up with them.  So to sum it up, I'm an amateur foreign film enthusiast and all I really care about is what interests me.

But I like it when my prior knowledge meets up with my current knowledge.  Flipping through Hulu, I ran across a trailer for this french animation.  "Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart."  I saw the backgrounds and the animation and I immediately knew it was dubbed.



Why does this interest me, you ask?  (Other than the fact that it's foreign and that it's animation...)  It's because I recognized it, even though I'd never seen it before.  I did a quick Google search and I was right!


I had run across a video that Dionysos had done of their song ""Tais-Toi Mon Coeur" several years ago.  I remember playing it so often online.  (I'm currently trying to find a good HD version of it online.)  But the fact that I can tie a movie trailer in with a video that I've not watch in several years impresses me greatly.

Would it impress anyone else?  I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment