Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I work for idiots.

An inmate filed a complaint against me for injuring him during a use of force incident.  As with any use of force incident, reports were written and the videotape was reviewed.  The good news is that my name is not on any of those reports because I WAS OFF ON THE DAY OF THE INCIDENT!!!

I found out about the complaint in briefing.  The Sergeant made the announcement and we all laughed because it was pretty funny in a dark humor sort of way.  And thus I assumed that the whole incident was closed because it was pretty obvious that I had nothing to do with the issue.

So, I get called up to Administration and given the third degree by Internal Investigations and some of the top brass of my agency.  The fact that I was not physically anywhere near the agency seemed to make no impression.  Plus, being IA, they asked about anything and everything just to try to get me to incriminate myself to anything.  I know my job, I know Policy and Procedure, and I know that I do right when I am at work.  It was a wasted fishing expedition for them but a very stressful hour and a half for me.

I work for idiots.


No comments:

Post a Comment