Monday, January 21, 2013

Rusty And Company.

I'm a big fan of webcomics.  Quick wit, lots of laughs, and often something to think about.

One of the webcomics that I like to read is Rusty and Co.  I'm not providing a link to it because it has been taken down by it's creator.  Apparently, the creator ran a Kickstarter campaign in order to make some stuffed animals of it's namesake, Rusty the Rust Monster.

And then Wizards of the Coast stepped in.

There is an argument that WotC may or may not have a legal leg to stand on.  Whom actually owns a trademark on a rust monster?  I'm not a lawyer so I'm not throwing my hat into the fight.

But I'm just sad that WotC could not come up with a better solution to the problem than "let's sue!"  They could have been smart and used it as a promotion.  I mean, they have to do something because Dungeons and Dragons does not appear to be selling.


No comments:

Post a Comment