Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I need a hobby.

I need a hobby.

Well, I need a "cheap" hobby.  I used to have a lot of hobbies...  but they all cost money.

A lot of money.

I used to shoot competitively.  IDPA, IPSC, Cowboy Action, steel matches...  I can't afford the ammo if I could even find the ammo.  Plus I work every other weekend and the matches seem to fall on the weekends that I work.  I won't say that I'm a very good shoot.  As a matter of fact I'm pretty slow compared to the hard core match competitors.  But it's still a lot of fun.

I love computers.  Not just getting online with them.  I like to tinker with them and add components and try to upgrade.  I also enjoy running different programs and seeing what I can do.  But, components cost money.  Plus my hard drive is currently out of space so I need to increase the size of the hard drive...  But I don't have any money.

I used to enjoy driving.  I'd pick a destination, or even a road, and just go.  I've found old graveyards, Civil War monuments, turn of the century stores, and more.  I guess you can find all of this on the internet now, but it was fun to explore and find it on my own.

Currently, my life involves work, spending time with my daughter, taking care of the yard and house, and surfing the internet.  I've got Netflix, but I can't find much on it that keeps my attention.

Time to find a cheap hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment